Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bikes & Wine.

Last night some friends and I rode our bikes to the Brewery to watch a friends band play. Reluctant to go at first because of my Friday morning/afternoon/night commitments, I eventually gave in to peer pressure and pulled Heidi's bike out of the garage. I have to admitt that I'm fairly nonchalant when it comes to noticing other people and my immediate surroundings, HOWEVER as I was walking my sweet ride out of my driveway the girl next door was also doing the same. We both noticed that we were simultaneously doing strange things late at night and broke out in smiles as she asked if I knew certain people. I replied with a yes and it turns out we both have mutual friends, and on this particular night, bike riding friends. As we were riding along the beach path I couldn't help but giggle incesantly the whole trip. It was dark and six of us were barreling down a footpath, inappropriately dressed to be riding a bike, wobbling all over the place. Needless to say, we arrived safely. Throughout our time there we all drank wine and pitchers of beer and ultimately got a touch rowdy. This morning when I awoke my ribbs were sore from laughing so much the previous night.
Oh, the gig was good but thats not the point I'd like to make. My friends feel no need to impress me and I feel no need to impress them. We share a common sense of humour among ourselves and I feel unusually comfortable being myself around them. They dont care what I'm wearing, how my hair is cut or what brand my accessories are. They let me shove my camera in their face with no displeasure and we laugh and tell jokes about the most ridiculous things. Times like these make me realise how lucky I am to be able to study, work and have the most amazing times with new and old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment